Why join HANO?
As a member of the statewide alliance of nonprofits, you will help advance the common interests of Hawai`i nonprofits. HANO is affiliated with the National Council of Nonprofits and more than 40 other state associations that represent 22,000 nonprofit members nationwide.
The Hawaiian word hano connotes dignity, distinction and respect. HANO will raise the stature of nonprofits through advocacy, training, professional development and propagating successful practices. HANO will speak with a strong, single voice to advance the common interests of its members and their communities.
HANO's mission is to serve, promote, protect and support the Hawaii's nonprofit sector:
- Serve by providing quality information, training and networking opportunities
- Promote by communicating to the public, business and government the valuable contributions of Hawai`i nonprofits and the challenges they face
- Protect by representing nonprofits at the policy-making table
- Support by offering savings through group buying and discount programs
HANO unifies, coordinates and bridges Hawaii nonprofits to:
- Valuable information – newsletters, publications, research and conferences
- Quality training – a wide-ranging schedule of workshops designed for nonprofits
- Government – advocacy, education, outreach and a single point of contact
- National nonprofit infrastructure groups – resources and representation
- Each other – promoting efficiencies and excellence through listening and networking
View our member benefits.
New members -- Start your application today by by visiting our online membership application page.
Current members and renewals -- To renew your membership, view your profile and access members-only information and discussion forums, sign in at the top right of this page using your email address and password. Your membership is renewable annually, and we'll email you a notice when it's time to renew.
Regular nonprofit membership -- HANO voting members are nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) charitable organizations. Approximately 300 Hawai'i nonprofits have already joined HANO.
Supporting membership categories -- Supporting members are eligible for most member benefits, including discounts on HANO workshops and events, but are not eligible to vote. Categories include:
- Government agencies
- Nonprofits that are tax-exempt under section of the Internal Revenue Service Code other than 501(c)(3)
To be an influential voice for the nonprofit sector, HANO's membership must be strong, statewide and nonprofit sector-wide. Your participation is essential to HANO's success on behalf of nonprofits and the communities they serve. Join HANO.